IWBLD – 1st International Workshop on Barley Leaf Diseases
SalsomaggioreTerme, Italy, June 3-6, 2014
“Healthy Barley for Healthy Feed and Food for the Future”
The 1st International Workshop on Barley Leaf Diseases (IWBLD) will be held in Salsomaggiore Terme, Italy on 3-6 June 2014. The workshop will provide a forum for the exchange of information and ideas relating to understanding and controlling leaf diseases of barley. The goal of the International Scientific Committee (ISC) is to bring together international experts and young students interested in recent advanced studies in all aspects (theoretical and applied) of barley leaf diseases. HEALTHY BARLEY means vigorous growth and development, which ultimately produces superior grain for various end uses.
With this in mind, we cordially invite you to actively participate in and enjoy the 1st IWBLD in SalsomaggioreTerme, Italy.
The 2014 SalsomaggioreTerme event represents the debut of the IWBLD, which replaces the “International Workshop on Barley Leaf Blights” –- last held in Dundee, Scotland in 2011. This name change reflects the ISC’s goal to include a wider group of researchers investigating all barley leaf diseases, instead of only leaf blights.
- Epidemiology and disease management: conventional and bio-based products for barley health
- Resistance breeding
- Incidence and control of barley leaf diseases in the CWANA region
- Pathogen populations and variation
- Structural and functional genomics of leaf barley pathogens
- Molecular plant-pathogen interactions
- Barley diseases and climate changes